UT provides insurance for GA/GRA/GTAs who have an appointment of at least 25%. Enrollment is automatic but dependent upon payroll processing.
- GA/GRA/GTAs enrolled in online programs may not meet insurance eligibility requirements; please contact Student Health for more information
- Questions about the UT Programs & Services Student Health Fee?
- Dependent insurance may be purchased separately (your department does not pay for dependents)
DEPENDENT ENROLLMENT FORM
- Insurance effective/expiration dates are determined by your employment dates; always verify your employment dates with your department (international graduate assistants see below for waivers)
- To visit medical providers outside of the Student Health Center, please see the Referral Guide
International Graduate Assistants/Associates (Including GA/GRA/GTAs)
The Graduate Assistant Insurance Fee Waiver Form will be available 2 weeks prior to the start of each semester (Fall/Spring)
INSTRUCTIONS TO SUBMIT THE NEW INSURANCE FEE WAIVER FORM:
- Click here to download form
- Print form – you must print the form as it requires your signature
- Enter name, student ID, DOB, email, department, semester, and expected graduation date (if known)
- Read and initial each statement, including the statement in the yellow box
- Complete student demographic information
- Scan and save the document to your computer as a PDF (not a JPG)
- NOTE: Your smart phone likely has a scanner feature – do not take a picture of the form as it reduces the print quality of the form
- Open new email
- Attach and email document to email@example.com
- Waiver forms will be processed after your tuition waiver is complete but does not happen at the same time; removal of the insurance charge can take several weeks.
- If you lose your assistantship, charges for unpaid periods may be added back to your Bursar (MyUTK) account.
- Dependent insurance may be purchased and must occur within the first 30 days of the dependent(s) arrival into the United States.
- If you secure an employment position through the OPT program, contact a Student Health insurance representative as soon as possible for information regarding insurance coverage and/or charges.