As part of their educational experience many students elect to travel abroad. Traveling in certain areas of the world may carry certain health risks. The Travel Clinic is a resource for students to utilize before and after traveling abroad.
With a known itinerary, the staff of the Travel Clinic can review the most recent health threat risk assessment issued by the Centers for Disease Control, and assist the student in preparation for travel by providing them information on how to reduce their risks of health threats and, in many cases, providing prophylactic immunizations and medications.
The following immunizations are generally available at the Student Health Center*:
- Hepatitis A – Havrix – $36.00
- Hepatitis B – Engerix – Pediatric/Adult doses – $16.00/$42.00
- Hepatitis A / Hepatitis B Combination – Twinrix – $69.00
- Meningitis (Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine) – Menactra – $131.00
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccine) – $65.00
- Polio – (injectable only) – $30.00
- Td (Tetanus/Diphtheria) – $25.00
- Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis) – Adacel – $42.00
- Typhoid – (injectable only) – $78.00
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) – Gardasil/Gardasil 9- $164.00/$191.00
*The availability of some immunizations may at times be limited due to supply constraints beyond our control. Prices are effective as of 4 May 2015 and are subject to change without notice.
Some immunizations are not carried at the Student Health Center and are only available through outside resources. If there is an immunization that you are required to have that is not listed above, you should contact a Health Center Immunization Nurse to discuss an alternative resource. You may reach an Immunization Nurse by calling 865-974-3648.
The Travel Clinic works closely with the Physical Exam Section to arrange completion of any required pre-travel or pre-participatory physical examinations.